IASOS "Inter-Dimensional Music" c54
(Rotifer Cassettes))

I thought it might be appropriate to say a few words on Iasos, now that New Age music is cool for the very first time ever. Born in Greece in 1947, but raised in the United States and a resident of California since the late 60s, Iasos is often described as the first "New Age" musician. His 1975 album "Inter-Dimensional Music" has seen a lot of renewed interest, with a vinyl reissue on Baltimore's Hearted Hand last year and a cassette reissue on Rotifer now in it's second pressing of 200 copies. I highly recommend you check it out if you are an un-ironic appreciator of dreamy synthscapes. There are parts of the album that I would genuinely describe as tropical, with Iasos emulating the sounds of a rainforest on his synthesizer.

R. Buckminster Fuller (in a letter to Iasos)
"I find your inter-dimensional music needing new words to describe it. I feel as though I were entering a new world - a new and very profoundly beautiful world."

Alan Watts, Metaphysical Philosopher
"Iasos is doing the classical music of the New Age."